As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT feature requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT feature requests
Cappy
Re:OT feature requests 12 Years, 1 Month ago
kraftf wrote:
manuelcicca wrote:
Proposing a kiss was all you needed to get serious about my post
That's asking too much I think

Anyway..back to topic.
I think a feature request should be realistic and usable in practice.Otherwise which developer would ever want to go through pages and pages of wishes and desires ? That was my point.
I will send a feature request to Elektron but I won't post it here again. It's here somewhere in the big noisy cloud of comments I've been try to address so far. Who's interested can go and find it a couple of pages before the current one.

Cheers

If you weren't so arrogant and egocentric , as one of the Mods proved easily, before you posted all that erratic bullshit you could have gone through other threads and realised that I have expressed the same argument like yours regarding the efficiency of bombing threads with feature requests. Instead you critised my feature requests as non musical.
1) Who are you to judge the musicality of FRs. Are you Sopen or maybe Mahler??Even if you were one of them I would still ignore these shortminded suggestions.
2) Who told you that there is only one approach in Music.
3) What is the relation of the words realistic and usable that you have used regarding musicality and why do you confine everybody else to your definitions and limits?
I would proposr to you to get a cold shower since it seems that you in desperate need of it and burn all your Nazi books.
When I said you are in a strange mood I meant all these pointless posts that your inflammatory mood created.
And for the record tools like OT are inovating and they definately don't need suggestions from shortsited and average persons like you are.
Enjoy my silence!

That's a offensive. Calling me a NAZI ?I didn't offend anybody. Very sorry to hear that. Will contact Elektron support.
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
RobbieNerve wrote:
Clearly paranoid

.R

Indeed
Killer Beez
It is funny how the guy complaining about how convoluted this forum subject is has somehow caused the entire discussion to become completely convoluted..

Just for the record, some of my own suggestions have made it into OS updates, perhaps not just because I suggested them but because enough other people also did and the Elektron team also saw the benefits of such suggestions, and I absolutely use said features towards the ultimate goal of making music. What is wrong with us hoping to have the OT workflow custom tailored to fit the general consensus of the user base? I think anyone who is unhappy with the idea of having features added to the OS that are useless because they will never use them should just stick to a previous OS that suits them! I'm pretty sure there was an early OS with no MIDI sequencer and a very limited feature set that should solve at least one persons need for less knob wanking options.

Now can we please get back to discussing things that pertain to the subject of "OT feature requests!?"
N_Rain wrote:
[quote
Now can we please get back to discussing things that pertain to the subject of "OT feature requests!?"

Yes, please!
It would be great if the implemented a way for the OT to clean up this forum.
Cappy
N_Rain wrote:
It is funny how the guy complaining about how convoluted this forum subject is has somehow caused the entire discussion to become completely convoluted..

Just for the record, some of my own suggestions have made it into OS updates, perhaps not just because I suggested them but because enough other people also did and the Elektron team also saw the benefits of such suggestions, and I absolutely use said features towards the ultimate goal of making music. What is wrong with us hoping to have the OT workflow custom tailored to fit the general consensus of the user base? I think anyone who is unhappy with the idea of having features added to the OS that are useless because they will never use them should just stick to a previous OS that suits them! I'm pretty sure there was an early OS with no MIDI sequencer and a very limited feature set that should solve at least one persons need for less knob wanking options.

I agree. Midi sequencer is a standard functionality . Is it not 'custom tailored workflow' as you mentioned.I'm not unhappy "with the idea of having features added to the OS".If I was a developer and worked for Elektron I would be unhappy to go through this thread and pick up some features to implement. I followed this thread for the last 4 months . It happened that I read some requests I thought the development team would never implement. What's wrong in thinking that? I can think what I want and then post it regardless if other users agree with it or not. And I have the right to do it without being insulted. Also I didn't offend or insult anybody! My rant wasn't directed to anybody in particular. It was very general.
The silly thing however is that I began the post clearly sharing my feature request . And what you've done?You've covered it with a huge amount of crap. Most people think they can come here to pick one guy and insult him. Others think that it's ok for me to put up with the offenses to my person and I should accept anybody's shit. Others then (and that's you included in this) will have no clue about what has been going on in here so far and will imply that I go off topic while in the first place all I did was to post a feature request!And yes I can be slightly sarcastic but never offensive or aggressive. Do you agree with this?
Cappy
kraftf wrote:
RobbieNerve wrote:
Clearly paranoid

.R

Indeed

You've got a bad temper and no integrity .
Admin
tIB was here
After deleting another 2 hours work with no way to retreive it I think the save functionality has to be looked at. I understand how it works but its poor...saving parts is simply too convoluted. Even the ability to turn off reload would help me at this stage. So frustrating.

A reminder to all that the only thing we ask for here is to have fun and be cool. Insinuating someone is a nazi over a disagreement over feature request post is clearly not cool.
Chain Chomp
tIB wrote:
After deleting another 2 hours work with no way to retreive it I think the save functionality has to be looked at. I understand how it works but its poor...saving parts is simply too convoluted. Even the ability to turn off reload would help me at this stage. So frustrating.

A reminder to all that the only thing we ask for here is to have fun and be cool. Insinuating someone is a nazi over a disagreement over feature request post is clearly not cool.

Ok my apologies go to everyone for getting carried away.
However this usually happens when someone is being attacked without a clear reason.
Funny thing is that the guy thinks he is just sarcastic and not offending anyone.As someone else stated clearly paranoid.

So to get back to the thread I absolutely agree with the save procedure. It is way too complicated to perform the save part operation and it is way too easy and at the same time dangerous to reload the part.
At least there should an undo option when by mistake you reload the part.
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
This bit me too yesterday, I'd love see an undo saw part like the MD can with kits.
Go to top Post Reply